Thursday, September 13, 2012

28 Weeks

Received the results of my one-hour glucose tolerance test on Tuesday.  It definitely was not what I wanted to hear, but can say I am not all that surprised since my past fasting blood glucose levels have always been borderline pre-diabetic. The lab at my clinic considers normal values below 140, I was at 158. So today I have my fasting 3-hour blood glucose tolerance test.  Nothing to eat since 11pm last night (had a late PB sandwich and some milk to help get some protein in to balance out blood sugar) and my first blood draw (fasting) is not until 10:10am.  Second lab draw at 1 hour around 11:15 and so forth.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to eat ANYTHING until around 1pm today.  Not sure if I'm going to make it that long, but I have to try.  Hopefully this ends up good.  Many friends I know have failed their one-hour test but passed the 3 hour by a long shot!  I'll update when I hear the results.  Might not be until next week though.


How far along? 28 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 17 pounds
Maternity Clothes? Good combo of maternity and pre-pregnancy items.
Stretch marks? None that are new since pregnancy. Using Lovely Jubblies and CoCo from Lush Cosmetics on belly, hips and chest.  Seems to have helped, but I also don't feel my skin stretching quite yet.
Sleep: a little better since we got our sleep number bed on Monday.  Helpful to be able to adjust the firmness of the mattress as my body grows and changes.
Best moment this week: getting our new mattresses
Miss Anything? being able to clean, do laundry and just normal activities of daily living without grunting, groaning or having to get creative to reach to certain places or carry items.
Movement? Constantly it seems.  Definitely waking up at night due to kicks, punches and stretching
Food Cravings: nothing much anymore. Most of the time food sounds like a chore.
Anything make you queasy and sick? it goes day to day
Gender Prediction: really NO clue. Back to girl.
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks here and there. I have anywhere from 1 to 4 per day so far.  Mostly in the evening after I get home from work.
Symptoms: Sciatica.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody? Happy
Looking forward to this week: birth class on Saturday.  Not excited for the class itself, but am to finally get a real tour of the birthing suites at the hospital instead of just through visiting friends.  Sunday date day with Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment