Thursday, October 11, 2012

32 Weeks

Things have been going well.  I had a check up on the 9th of October.  Blood sugars are under control, but need to continue to check them 4 times per day until baby is here just to monitor for any uncontrollable spikes which would signal need for an oral hypoglycemic (medication to help keep my blood sugar lower in the normal range). Baby is HEAD DOWN and hopefully continues to stay that way.  It is actually very low my OB said!  And boy can I feel that, especially when I stand up a tad too fast. I have the feet in my ribs on the right side and butt right by my sternum (where chest meets abdomen). Things are beginning to feel a bit 'cramped' and sleeping has become a circus!  Anxiety has crept up on me and with allergies flaring right now (can't breathe through nose, even on meds), I wake up in a panic because I feel that I cannot take a deep breathe in the middle of the night.  I have a feeling the couch recliner may soon become my new friend at night. 

I'm measuring right on at 32 weeks now.  I was always about 2 weeks ahead, but things slowed down for a little bit.   Likely due to controlling my blood sugars by making some diet changes (less carbs).  Baby is expected to gain up to half a pound every week until just a few weeks before birth now.  We will see what happens on birth day!  Right now it's about 17 inches and anywhere from 3.5-5.5 lbs.  Due to being borderline gestational diabetic, I will have some non-stress tests that will begin in a few weeks and likely continue until end of pregnancy.  These don't harm the baby, just involve me going to the hospital labor triage rooms and get to sit and monitor heart rhythm of the baby and press a button every time I feel the baby move.  This is just to make sure the baby is not under any undue stress in there. 

I go back to the OB on the 26th and then it's weekly after that until baby is here!

How far along? 32 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 17 lbs
Maternity Clothes? yes
Stretch marks? Oh lordy....I've noticed the ones on my hips have elongated now that my belly is beginning to move forward and down.
Sleep: sleep?   Is that how it's spelled?  I'm lucky if I get 3 hours a night right now.  Preparing for those longs nights.
Best moment this week: learning baby is head down and having our maternity pictures done this past Sunday.
Miss Anything? breathing!
Movement? lots of it
Food Cravings: sweets now...cookies, candy, ice cream, bars, chocolate.  Still gotta have at least one apple a day...for some reason I LOVE them right now.
Anything make you queasy and sick? back rib pain that gets worse in the afternoon.
Gender Prediction: ????????  Boy???????????
Labor Signs: just Braxton Hicks if I overdo it by being too active.  Started getting them at night, wake me up now where I think I used to be able to sleep through them.
Symptoms: swelling has been stable in my shins, don't have anywhere else.
Belly Button in or out? in but stretched!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody? Happy....but getting crabby and uncomfortable.  I have such a short torso this kid has nowhere to go anymore but out to the front...and things are just not moving that direction entirely yet.
Looking forward to this week: painting the nursery and getting some things together.

No comments:

Post a Comment