Thursday, November 15, 2012

37 Week Update

Congratulations to Emily S! She had her baby boy Broderick on 11/13/12!!

Had a 36 week check up at 36 weeks and 1 day last Friday 11/9.  Since we were heading into week 37, my doctor said that if things were to progress, she wouldn't stop me.  At that appointment, I was found to be 50% effaced, dilated to 1 cm and baby was at a station -2 (this is above engagement, engagement is at station 0, and +4 is considered crowning).  At that time, I was having some pelvic floor pressure, but nothing horribly uncomfortable.

After the appointment I had contractions and "cramps" for about 2 hours.  Since then, the past few days baby has dropped more.  The discomfort has now turned into the pain many women describe: the 'bowling ball' lodged behind your pubic bone pain. I know, sounds glorious, but its part of the process and it sounds like first time moms feel it the most.  Just means we are ever closer to meeting this little person.  My doctor said she could almost feel the baby's head, so I am interested to see what tomorrow's appointment beholds.  I realize as a first time mom, I could sit this way for weeks.  I also say 'you know your body best' and they way things are happening and what's happening and other things I've been feeling (I won't go into detail-may be too much for some readers), I have a feeling we might see this baby before it's due date.  Again, I may likely be completely wrong!

I have the 37 week check up tomorrow (Friday 11/16) and will update again after that.

How far along? 37 weeks
Total Weight Gain: 17.5 lbs  (....almost 3 pounds down from last week....)
Maternity Clothes? yes
Stretch marks? just on the hips.  Not much different than pre-pregnancy.
Sleep: comes and goes completely.  Some nights are great and sleep through the night with frequent repositioning.  Other nights, my hips and back hurt so much I want to cry or I'm up every hour going to the bathroom.  Completely varies.
Best moment this week: seeing my high school girlfriends.  Had such a great time catching up!
Miss Anything? just being active...and my attention span.  I realize I will likely never get that back!
Movement? Has quieted down quite a bit, normal for right now nearing the end.  Has spurts of energy, but not as "tough".  Hiccups still once or twice a day.
Food Cravings: cereal and apples
Anything make you queasy and sick? nothing right now
Gender Prediction: ????????  Boy???????????
Labor Signs: Sometimes I begin to wonder.  Braxton's are picking up in frequency and definitely in length (at least 1 an hour while awake and 60-90 seconds long).  Occasionally I get them about 5-10 minutes apart, but they go away after an hour. The pelvic/pubic pain of baby's head right behind it.  Makes it very painful to walk up the stairs at home or to stand and begin to walk immediately.  Takes some time to adjust and let things "settle".
Symptoms: minor shin swelling, linea nigra.
Belly Button in or out? in but stretched!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody? Happy, but tired.
Looking forward to this week: A weekend with the girls at my Moms and seeing Angela and 3-month old Axel!  Getting our changing table on Friday, the last piece to the nursery!

No comments:

Post a Comment