Tuesday, November 20, 2012

November 16th OB Checkup

Nothing new to report from this check up.  No progress in the dilation/effacement/station realm.  Group B Strep positive, so will have good ole Penicillin ran during labor and delivery to aid in prevention of transmission to baby (no this does not mean I have strep-that's a different strain-Google it).  Blood sugars remain under control.  Weight gain is still minimal.  As of today, only 18 lbs and likely not to gain much more during the remainder of the pregnancy, although baby will put on about an ounce per day until birth.  Still feeling quite a bit of movement throughout the day, but it's in spurts.  When the baby is active, it is ACTIVE!  Otherwise there's more time in between that is quiet.

Still putting finishing touches on the nursery.  Have curtains to hang, shelf to put up and just clean it in general.  Otherwise everything is done in there. This Thanksgiving weekend my awesome sister is going to help me get up our Christmas decor since I can't lug the boxes upstairs all by myself and manage to get around the tree without the belly in the way (although I did manage to rearrange the nursery furniture last night-big no no-but it just wasn't working the way I had it!)  Then it's just trying to get ahead on homework as finals are the same week we are due and we just don't know what to expect for timing. 

Can't believe it's creeping closer.  I swear I just found out we were expecting!  I know this is only the start of many things that I feel will move too fast...like our little one!

No comments:

Post a Comment