Saturday, November 24, 2012

38 week update cont.....

At the doctors appointment there was really no change. That is something that I do expect as a first-time mom at this stage of the pregnancy. There was just a slight more dilation so she could go and sweep the membranes and feel the baby's head. In patients whose bodies are ready to go into labor, this can trigger labor within 48 hours. However since it's very obvious my body is not ready, this was more or less done to help trigger hormones to help progress things a little more with dilation and effacement so we can try to avoid having to be induced. For those who are not aware, induction also carries a higher risk of c-section. I want to avoid that if I can, but I'm also mentally prepared and realize I have a 50/50 chance at that since things are slow and I can't go too far overdue...time crunch a bit.

Due to the borderline gestational diabetes, she did say that she will not likely allow me to make it to 41 weeks. Therefore we have a tentative eviction date after the due date. This will be an induction, but you can bet that I will try to do everything I can to help move things along the way! Although most things do not work as they are old wives tales; there are some that friends actually have some success from a few of them. Feel free to share your tricks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment